Justiceworks seeks to engage community members in volunteer work to identify needs of the justice system, educate others about those needs, promote change in justice policies, deliver and coordinate community services to the justice system, and evaluate outcomes.
Through Justiceworks, volunteers embody the restorative change they seek in the system. Please consider donating your time and talents to the following programs:
- Family Law Information Center: self-help legal process assistance
- Volunteers in Probation (VIP) : alternative sentencing program for misdemeanor offenders
- Teamwork for Access to Employment (TEAM) : reentry program to support successful community reintegration and access to employment for motivated ex-offenders
- Restorative Conferencing for Youth: victim-offender conferencing for juvenile offenders
- Make it Right Restitution Mediation : mediation assistance to resolve civil ordinance restitution issues for victims of crime
- Just Run Half-Marathon and 5K Run/Powerwalk: annual fundraiser
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Celebration: observance of the legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr., the civil rights movement and justice leaders, support recognition of volunteer contributions to the justice system and, education on justice issues
- National Law Day Annual Meeting: speaker on topical justice issues and updates on restorative justice programming in Central Wisconsin
Please call the Justiceworks Office at 715.344.3677 today to arrange your volunteer opportunity.